Methodology and Best Practices for Airport CDM methodology for Airport Operators, Airline operators, civil aviation authorities, air navigation service providers, ground handlers and aviation industry companies which are involved in aviation system modernization. It provides structured guidance for:
- Selecting, prioritizing and implementing the Airport Collaborative Decision Making concepts elements and current capabilities.
- Identifying technology gaps and interdependencies between current organization’s current airport capabilities and the Airport CDM capabilities
- Determining current and future airport traffic demand
- Identifying air traffic management (ATM) system deficiencies related to Airport CDM and how to resolve them
The Airport-CDM course consists of interactive class room lectures. Attendees practice applying the skills and knowledge to implement Airport-CDM as outlined above. The course ensures that attendees have a thorough understanding of the Airport-CDM concepts and constituent elements and effective implementation strategies that ensure expedient and cost-effective results, those elements shall include:
- Airport CDM Information Sharing
- The CDM Turn-round Process
- Variable Taxi Time Calculation
- Collaborative Management of Flight Updates
- Collaborative Predeparture Sequence
- CDM in Adverse Conditions
The course has been designed for the personnel in the field of Airport operations and the different phases of aircraft movements using the Airport CDM elements. The program is divided into different modules designed to assist participants in acquiring the knowledge and skills pertaining to the Airport CDM concepts elements and services and the development of implementation planning considering future capacity increase and effectiveness.
The course consists of several modules which include the required knowledge and principles of safe and efficient aviation in the context of airport operational concept and the A-CDM components capable of enabling those concepts safely, efficiently with minimum impact on environment, the modules shall include:
1. Phases of flights and the services to be provided and systems involved in such provisions based on ATM operational concepts and air navigation services layout.
2. Ultimate endorsed flight plan and the current fields distribution
3. Airport CDM operational concept and the constituent elements including the requirements for such concept and the partners to be involved.
4. The Airport – CDM implementation plan and the order of systems implementation and systems verifications
5. Adverse conditions (weather, ATC, incidents), whether predicted or unpredicted, effecting all phases of airport operations implementation and decreasing its capacity
6. Examine the impact of airport CDM developments as enablers on airport operational concept.
The course aims at acquainting participants with up to date Airport – CDM concepts focusing on the operational concept and its elements, and enhancing their knowledge and understanding the comprehensive Airport – CDM development, implementation plan and its re-vision in addition to identification and allocation of the available resource to increase safety, efficiency and reduce costs taking into consideration all adverse conditions and environment impact where ever possible in all phases of airport operations.
Understanding the need for the coordination and harmonization and consequently benefits derived taking into consideration the participation of the aviation family and partners, including Regulators and the military authorities in the planning process.
The course is designed for directors, managers, middle managers, air traffic controllers, engineering and technicians from airport operators, aircraft operators, ATM, or aviation related to operations and services in the airport and ground handling agents.
- Decision-makers responsible for airport and ATM modernization programmes.
- Airports operators.
- Civil Aviation Authorities and regulators
- Air Navigation Service Providers
- Aircraft operators
- Ground handling agents.
Good command of English Language is essential to enable participants to communicate effectively in a group environment, prepare written assignments and make oral presentation.