- Phases of flights, services to be provided and systems involved.
- Differentiate between ANS constituents & ATM components.
- Elements & limitations of the conventional, current navigation & surveillance systems.
- Coordinates systems, 2D, 3D Descartes coordinates systems, 2D, 3D Polar Coordinates systems, Ellipsoid reference system. Basics of Space geometry & geometric locations
- Geodetic systems and WGS 84
- Map projection systems, General classes of Map projections and Selected Map Projections
- GNSS constellations elements, Space Segment, Control & monitor Segment and User Segment
- International GNSS systems, GPS, GLONASS and Galileo
- GNSS Signals, functioning, position & time form.
- GNSS errors mitigation & augmentation systems including ground based, space based and airborne based augmentation systems.
- examples of Global Navigation satellite Systems Augmentations, WAAS, LAAS, MSAS, EGNOS, Others.
- RNAV, RNP including their specifications and applications.
- Navigation Evolution principles
- RNAV2-RNAV1-RNAV5 en-route specifications- RNAV2-RNAV1-RNAV5-terminal-specifications RNP Approach specifications, RNP-AR-Approach specifications
- RNAV-DME-DME- infrastructures and procedures.
Explain ANS concepts by focusing on the technical & operational navigation system in the field of GNSS. Aiming at enhancing their knowledge & capabilities in defining their national and regional requirements in the field of CNS/ATM-GNSS.
Directors, managers, middle managers, air traffic controllers, ANS engineering & technicians from ATM, airport or aviation related to ANS organization or agencies.